1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-Mails--Deleted Addresses

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Leroy Clark, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leroy Clark

Leroy Clark Thread Starter

I have sometimes deleted an email address from Microsoft Outlook when a friend informs me that they have a new email address. However, when I attempt to send an email thereafter to that person--I am presented with a box which requires me to choose an email address--and it presents the old, deleted email address and the new one I have entered. Sometimes I have forgotten which is the new email address--so--is there anyway to permanently remove an email address, so that I am not presented with the 2 options each time?

2. Cantrip#10

Cantrip#10

You are talking about the auto-complete feature of Outlook. You can remove entries from this list. When you are presented with the list of addresses to choose from use the up\down arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight the address you no longer want. Once that address is highlighted press the "delete" key on the keyboard and the address will be permanently removed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/375466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice