1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e-mails returned

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by greenstrat, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greenstrat

greenstrat Thread Starter

I have a problem with my e-mail.
    after recently changing my web hosting and therefore my DNS my wife is no longer able to send me e-mail. the address is the same; '[email protected]'
    After some time, she gets a return message that says,
    "address has permanent delivery errors".
    I can send to her, she can access my website.
    her mail is sent via Outlook and she has the same type of email '[email protected]'
    I was with Verisign before having them switching DNS to my new host. My wife is with Verisign.
    I recieve many e-mails everyday and dont know of anyone else that can't send to me but I am concerned that I may be missing some correspondance.
    anyone who understands this stuff feel free to advise.
    Thanks
    Todd

2. mobo

mobo

Then the problem must be with her address book or something to that effect. Have her delete you from the addy book then reload.

Also is she able to email other addresses ?

3. greenstrat

greenstrat Thread Starter

thanks for the idea,
    I figured it out on the phone with verisign.
    when they switched my DNS they de activated my e-mail.
    when I signed up with the new hosting service I used the same e-mail address.
    so if someone tried to send me e-mail that was from a (like my wife) their server said "that address does not exist" (because verisign deactivated it)
    If someone not from a Networksolutions/verisign host sent me mail it routed to my new host and, of course, no problem.
    Moral of the story is if you switch DNS and move your website and domain, and you want the same e-mail address at the new host, make sure the old host deletes you from their system servers rather than deactivating you from their system servers.

Todd

4. mobo

mobo

Lesson learned..;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice