E-Mails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

T.Power

For the past two weeks I have been recieving messages on my E-Mail telling me that they contain viruses,I have Norton anti virus running enabled yet it has vever detected any virus, when I tried to save these to disc they dissapear,I have also recieved several messages telling me that E-Mails from me(which I have never sent) contained a virus and were stopped.
I have just recieved an E-Mail from Australia from someone who says he has recieved an E-Mail from me, which he says was auto-generated,I dont know what that means,can anyone please help?

Could be Sircam or similar.
Have you confirmed that your virus definition files are up-to-date? What version of Norton?

T.Power

Thanks for your prompt reply,I have Norton Utilities 2001,I have recently run Live Update,if I go to Virus definition what would I look for, or do?
Tom Power

Doesn't necessarily mean they came from you. If your name is on one of your friends address book and they are infected it will send out a message with your name in the From line. Contact all your friends and have them check their PC's for any virus.

T.Power

Once again you lads have come up trumps!.
I took your advice about house call and they found a virus called Badtranse B,this is not listed on the latest update of virus definitions(03/12/2001) on Norton anti-virus, and Norton could not find it when I did a full virus scan.thank you for all your help.
Tom Power

Glad you found it!

The latest virus defs you have are from 3/12? That's doesn't seem right. Go <a href="http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html">here</a> and download the most recent updates.
LiveUpdate is telling you they are up to date?

T.Power

I ran Live update this morning(03/12/01) and Norton said that all files were up to date and required no further updates.
Tom Power

I just realized you're using a different date format! I though you were saying March 12, 2001!
Sorry!
:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!