1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e-system 1511 memory upgrade second slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by uk1kitten, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uk1kitten

uk1kitten Thread Starter

Hi, can anyone tell me how to access the second slot in my e-system 1511. I was told it was under the keyboard. I can unclip the clips but there seems to be something else holiding it down. I ve looked at the back and can see no screw with kb next to it to indicate that, that is the screw for the keypad.
    Appreciate any advice. I have upgraded the first memory. I ordered 2gb and this came in two of 1gb so I am assuming there is a second slot.
    Thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    There is usually a compartment on the bottom of the laptop. All of the RAM (ie: both RAM slots) should go into the same location. In other words, after you open the compartment, both slots should be there. One of the slots, should already have RAM installed. So you would need to remove that RAM and install the new RAM.

3. uk1kitten

uk1kitten Thread Starter

hi thanks for that. There only seems to be room in that compartment for one RAM. I also ran a memory scan whch says i have two memory slots. I have looked everywhere apart from under the keyboard which i am having difficulty getting to as cant seem to get to the right screw to loosen it. All web search seems to indicate that its a bit of a state secret bt will keep searching. thanks

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've not come across any models with a 2nd slot in another location, but anything is possible. A Google search didn't reveal much except others reporting they cannot find the 2nd slot either (and a couple of those stating that it is also NOT under the keyboard).

5. uk1kitten

uk1kitten Thread Starter

Yes I know, I ve been searching for what feels like ever. Apparentley quite a few models that are under PC world, currys etc are like this. They dont make it easy do they, I guess the likes of PC world want you to spend as much money with them as they can get.
    Thanks for all your help, will post if I have any success.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    It's entire possible that there are different versions of that model. And the version that you are using does not have two slots.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice