1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e Tower upgrade question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KENNY, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KENNY

KENNY Thread Starter

I have an e-tower 333c Cyrix M2 processor 20 gig hard drive, 96 megs of Ram...(upgradeable to 256) with a TriGem Delhi3 board - Socket 7
    I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU, but it looks to me like the best I can do without major surgery is 366..... e-machines went to socket 370 after that.
    Can I get a socket 7 chip higher than 366 that will be compatible with my board? KENNY

2. B3gbie

B3gbie

For the difference in money it may be worth looking at AMD durons and a new motherboard, the "slower" durons are very inexpensive now and a socket A mobo guarantees upgradeability in the future (eg athlon etc)

3. KENNY

KENNY Thread Starter

Thanks, B3....not really ready to change out the mobo at this time....anyone have an answer to my original question?
    KENNY

4. jakoval

jakoval

KENNY

I believe the fastest socket 7's are the AMD's that top out at 550 mhz.

You may want to have a look around the e-machines Help Site to get an idea of what will work with your system.

5. jakoval

jakoval

6. KENNY

KENNY Thread Starter

Thanks, JAKOVAL...all I wanted to know, and more.
    I had e-mailed the e-machine tech support, but I figured I'd get a faster answer from you guys. That "overclocking site" was great.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/71497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice