1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E190x1: Could not allocate the resources necessary for operation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Frank_Spruill, Jun 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frank_Spruill

Frank_Spruill Thread Starter

I have loaded nt 4.0 and I have the following errors
    E190x1: Could not allocate the resources necessary for operation

and

The description for Event ID ( 28 ) in Source ( El90x ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): , B, Sparrow \Device\ScsiPort2.

I have a scssi card attached to a cable that used to have a zip on it prior to reformatting the entire drive from 98 to nt 4.0

Any suggestions and does anyone think those errors would interfer with establishment of a domain name server.

2. Mandark

Mandark

Looked into E190x1 and El90x1... looks like this is an 3Com Ethernet Adapter driver.....

If everything works great on you system now and you don't get any more errors, why would be concerned anyway?

[Edited by Mandark on 06-22-2001 at 12:29 PM]

3. Frank_Spruill

Frank_Spruill Thread Starter

Everything does not work. I reformatrted a 486 66 mhz while the pentium is in the shop. Seing that ie 5.o is listed as a suggested install duting the installation of the service packs, what effect will running IE 5.o have on a DNS server serving dns information at about 1 hit a day? Is I.e. 5.o required for installation of service pack 6a?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/46487