1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E5200 O/C (Stock Cooler)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jp1203, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp1203

jp1203 Thread Starter

Playing around a bit with overclocking my E5200 today, since I read it does it easily.

So far, I'm up to 3.13 GHz w/ FSB of 250 MHz on the stock cooler, and I'm staying right around 100 degrees F (38 C) with no stability issues as of yet. I'm thinking I can get to at least 3.25 with the stock cooler and no issues, but I'm going to run it where it is for a while before I go any higher.

Anyone have any experience overclocking this CPU? I've heard of people getting it up to 4 GHz with aftermarket air cooling.

Joe

2. jp1203

jp1203 Thread Starter

3.25 is stable and cool, tempting to push it a little further.

3. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

If you realy want to overclock it get some decent cooling like the Coolermaster V8 and go to about 4GHz maybe 4.25GHz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice