1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e6750 overclocking problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cornman, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cornman

cornman Thread Starter

I'm trying to overclock my e6750 and it runs perfectly stable at 2.80 ghz but as soon as i set it to 2.88 ghz, it loads really slow and I get random BSODS and shutdowns. I've heard of people overclocking the e6750 way higher than that, like 3.6 ghz and higher. My motherboard is the gigabyte p35-ds3l.

2. gomes

gomes

Be careful, and don't fry your hardware out. You have to have sufficient cooling in order to overclock properly. People may have pushed the machine to those readings but because they have the proper air flow and ventalation (I doubt they have liquid cooling installed in a machine like that). Try upgrading to the latest BIOS as well.

3. accat13

accat13

4. Jones

Jones

That's a pretty big overclock. It was likely achieved by not only increasing the FSB, but also the core voltage. This is where things get dangerous. If you push the voltage too high, you can kiss your processor goodbye.

Also, as the other poster mentioned, you really need good cooling in your machine to overclock beyond what you've already done.

Do alot of research if overclocking is something that you really want to get in to. It isn't always easy to do, and you need to be really careful when doing it. You'll need to invest in some high-end cooling products, too.

5. cornman

cornman Thread Starter

I have the voltages set to auto. I also have a zalman 9500 and and an antec 900 case with really good airflow and my temps stay around 23 degrees C so heat is not the problem.

6. prunejuice

prunejuice

Unless you live in an igloo, I highly doubt that.

Are you overclocking through BIOS settings?

7. cornman

cornman Thread Starter

Yes I am using bios settings and speedfan says 31 degrees for core 1 and 23 for core 2 right now.

8. accat13

accat13

I love speedfan reports temp 3 as -2c :) ...I don't think so...Just curious if you have compared temps using easytune5pro(gigabytes software)

9. cornman

cornman Thread Starter

I installed easytune but when I try to open it it wont open.

10. replay

replay

when u click easytune it opens a icon in the taskbar which u then click to bring it up

11. cornman

cornman Thread Starter

Easytune says my cpu is 26 degrees celcius.

12. replay

replay

did u read the link in post #3

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice