1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eabservr.exe is peaking my cpu usage. Can anyone help? Please??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Yesteryear, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yesteryear

Yesteryear Thread Starter

When I start windows(XP) it runs pretty slow, when I open task manager up, I can see that "eabservr.exe" has my cpu at about 90-99!!

Does anyone know what this is, and or why it is doing this??

Thank you for your time!

Dave.

2. zabusant

zabusant

What happens if you simply end the process?

eabservr.exe is the executable that manages Easy Access Buttons control panel on Compaq laptop computers. This process is required for the Easy Access keys to work.

Go to Task manager, right click on the process and end it!

3. Yesteryear

Yesteryear Thread Starter

Yeah that's hat I have been doing, but unfortunately, it keeps coming back each time the laptop is restarted. :(

So it's like to do with the hot keys then?

Dave.

4. zabusant

zabusant

aha, go to Start>Run> type "msconfig" but without the "" and click enter. Wait for the new window, go to startup tab and uncheck the startup process for this - Should be something to do with the above description(Easy Access Buttons control panel). Click enter and restart.

5. zabusant

zabusant

Yeah, don't really know, what it manages, but it shouldn't be essential;)

6. zabusant

zabusant

Oh, btw, once you do this and restart a window will pop-up saying you're using selective or diagnostic startup - just click the "do not show this message again" thingy and OK.

If you're having trouble with my instructions or if you don't know which item to disable, let me know;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice