1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Earning money by home computing (16-)?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Callum_Dawson, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Callum_Dawson

Callum_Dawson Thread Starter

Would it be possible for me (at my age of 14) to earn money online by offering a service of some form? I'm a bit of an all-rounded person at computing, and I'd like to earn a bit of money. So does anybody have any 16- jobs that I could do from my home computer?

2. oksteve

oksteve

Your going into rocky terratory Callum beware of being used and getting unpaid. Just posting to the ether can be fruitless and/or dangerous.

Trust no one on the internet and do not give away personal details.

Always check with an adult you can relate to, to get "Constructive Critisms" about any ideas you have.

Always do what you know,don't guess you'll lose respect.

At 14,work has to be fun if not move on to something that is. With the right attitude you'll excell.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You have to first define your specific skill set. "All-rounded person at computing" doesn't translate into a job. Do you mean programming? Networking? Web development? Using what programs? Visual Studio? Oracle? Dreamweaver? Flash?

Given your age and the vagueness of your post, I think you probably mean that you like "messing around" with computers and have perhaps built one or helped a neighbor fix a problem with Windows. Those skills don't translate directly and immediately into a job or career and certainly not one you can do online.

A computer is just a tool. Millions of people today know how to use a computer in various ways. A SQL developer uses a computer as does an administrative assistant who develops professional-quality PowerPoint presentations. Two very different jobs with different skill sets yet both using computers.

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi Callum-Dawson
    Looking at it from another angle ....
    As you are in the UK I'm posting the link to a very reputable site run by the campaigner for consumer rights - Martin Lewis.
    His site (moneysavingexpert) includes safe & researched ways to make a few ££ on the web. This'll be pocket money type stuff but it's a start possibly?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money?dd#webwonga

As ever, be safe on line & don't sign up with anything that seems too good to be true!!

Richard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice