1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easiest way to detect what type of memory?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigwyatt, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigwyatt

bigwyatt Thread Starter

I'm trying to help a friend get an inherited gateway computer upgraded. He could use more memory since he's running XP with only 256 mb. Problem is that it's not obvious what type of memory he currently has. I pulled the ram out and the tag says:

"Samsung
    Korea 0207
    M368L3313CT1-C80"

The individual chips had some stuff I didn't recognize written on them and I forgot to write that down. I've never had this problem since I've only ever built my own computers. Is there a way to check via the control panel? Thanks for any help or advice you guys can give!

2. stantley

stantley

3. pugmug

pugmug Banned

This is a much smaller program download than Everest and will tell you all you want to know about mobo,cpu,memory. CPU-Z 1.36, http://www.cpuid.com/

4. bigwyatt

bigwyatt Thread Starter

awesome thanks guys. I'll try both out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/502530