1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

East Asian Language trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by warugiria, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warugiria

warugiria Thread Starter

My dad recently reinstalled windows XP on my computer, as I had some sort of virus that disabled system restore and access to the hard-drive and blah blah. And now I have this problem when trying to install East Asian Languages:

I clicked the check box, and inserted the CD. It installed, I rebooted. But I still cant see Japanese text, or add it to my input language bar thing? Or change my locale to Japanese. No matter how many times I reboot or try and reinstall it, this never changes.

Someone suggested I use "sfc /scannow" in the run command to see if there are files missing, but it didn't work, meaning it found no errors. Any suggestions?

2. Bichey

Bichey

u will NOT be able to see japanese text everywhere , like start menu or in the tool bars. All the text will be in english. You will only be able to read and write japanese text in microsoft word or wordpad.

May be i am wrong, senior members will tell u better

3. warugiria

warugiria Thread Starter

I know what installing it is supposed to do, it worked fine before my dad reinstalled windows. Thanks for answering though.

4. warugiria

warugiria Thread Starter

Bump. I'll prolly get banned, but otherwise this'll never get answered.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/802866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice