1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

easy cd creator 5 platinum

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by geordief, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geordief

geordief Thread Starter

my problem is my cd will only read not write.It did work well (if slowly- the hardware is called TEAC CD W54E I think) for many months previously.
    My own system is Win me with 300Mghz and 256Ram.
    I have scratched my head over it for a while and am quite pessimistic, at the back of my mind wonering if ny sytem is a little too stretched now.But I would like to try to reinstall the Roxio CD but think that I might have to clean up the registry at the same time as the reinstall I did do was no help.I also disabled the CD in System Device Manager to no effect.I also
    any ideas?
    Gary

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You need to consider that the CD Writer could actually be faulty.

If the Write Laser efficiency drops, or the Write laser fails, then it will not write.

They seem to have a finite life, some barely last a year, some several years. A bit like hard drives these days!

They are so cheap now, they are almost a "consumable"

3. geordief

geordief Thread Starter

I did wonder it myself but the man who put it in and who is in the business around here said he thought it was alright.Well I know that could mean anything!But the thing is that I am reluctant to put much money into the old system I have now -especially if the cd did only last about 6 months.So I would like to exhaust the possibilities for tweaking my settings ,which may be all that is required.Can anyone tell me how to completely uninstall the software as I suspect that the Add/Remove button may leave stuff still in the registry and I can't seem to find any instructions on the internet for how to do it
    Gary

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice