1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy CD Creator and Win XP

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ajdupont, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Hi
    I have an opportunity. I installed Windows XP Home Edition on a new formatted HD. I reinstalled all of my software-drivers-patches for XP etc. When I try to create a music cd in Easy CD Creator Platinum evrything works OK up until the point where I select "Start Recording". Then I get the following 2 errors
    E80041397 Dispatch error #4503
    E80070057 The parameter is incorrect

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have updated all patches from Roxio. But I keep getting the same result. I'm running Pentium III 1ghz with 256meg of ram.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

3. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Hi
    Thanks TW56 for your response. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I'm still trying to work out the bugs on XP. And there are some bugs. Anyway the link you provided was very helpful. It seems Easy CD Creator Platinum is not compatible with XP. Now when I install it and reboot XP says that "devices or applications are disabled" leading me to believe that XP isn't loading the drivers for Easy CD. I've tried to install the patch from Roxio but the patch doesn't recognize Easy CD so the patch doesn't run.
    In the meantime I'm using Easy CD 4.0 and it seems to be OK.
    I've also tried everything Roxio suggested and it doesn't work.
    But I'll keep on trying.
    Thanks again
    ajdupont

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice