Easy CD Creator and Win XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ajdupont

Hi
I have an opportunity. I installed Windows XP Home Edition on a new formatted HD. I reinstalled all of my software-drivers-patches for XP etc. When I try to create a music cd in Easy CD Creator Platinum evrything works OK up until the point where I select "Start Recording". Then I get the following 2 errors
E80041397 Dispatch error #4503
E80070057 The parameter is incorrect

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have updated all patches from Roxio. But I keep getting the same result. I'm running Pentium III 1ghz with 256meg of ram.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

ajdupont

Hi
Thanks TW56 for your response. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I'm still trying to work out the bugs on XP. And there are some bugs. Anyway the link you provided was very helpful. It seems Easy CD Creator Platinum is not compatible with XP. Now when I install it and reboot XP says that "devices or applications are disabled" leading me to believe that XP isn't loading the drivers for Easy CD. I've tried to install the patch from Roxio but the patch doesn't recognize Easy CD so the patch doesn't run.
In the meantime I'm using Easy CD 4.0 and it seems to be OK.
I've also tried everything Roxio suggested and it doesn't work.
But I'll keep on trying.
Thanks again
ajdupont

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online