1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy CD Creator doesn't see my DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by theman, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theman

theman Thread Starter

I installed my DVD writer/burner and the only way I can write to DVD is via Intervideo WinDVD's Make a Movie function. It plays the file in slow motion and takes several hours to burn - painful. It works, but there's gotta be a faster method.

So, I try Easy CD Creator and when I drag the file to the list to write I get an error to the effect "you do not have a DVD-writable drive installed". :confused:
    The drive exists in my device manager and again, I've used it w.WinDVD so I'm stumped (not too difficult to do I guess :eek: )

Thanks for your help.

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

There isn't a faster method----Your video first has to be encoded---and that takes quite a bit of time. CD Creator isn't made to handle video--are you sure you don't mean Media Creator/

3. theman

theman Thread Starter

It's Easy CD Creator 5 that I'm trying to use. Actually, sorry, I didn't explain well earlier: after I write the DVD I want to copy it using Easy CD since that's what I've used to copy any other discs I've burned. I've used Easy CD to burn avi, etc, to a standard 680M CD but once I use WinDVD to creat my DVD I can't copy that. Is that a limitation of Easy CD? And I am, of course, using the proper media :D (i.e. a DVD 4.8G disk to write to)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice