1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy Cd Creator (not Working)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jett_30032, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jett_30032

jett_30032 Thread Starter

I've been using Roxio's Easy CD creator 5 basic for my cd rw. I downloaded the update and now it wont work at all. I thought maybe the download may have been bad so I did again and still nothing. I contacted roxio and you have to go through so much to get support from them. if anyone have had simular problems please help. Or is there any free software I could use in the mean time

2. slipe

slipe

I would uninstall the software from Add/Remove Programs in control panel and reinstall it. Make sure to get DirectCD if it has a separate uninstall as it is more often than not the problem.

3. jett_30032

thanks thats my only choice seems like. Thanks for the reply

4. slipe

slipe

I failed to add that you should reinstall the original software. If you aren’t having problems I would skip the update.

5. DaveLB

DaveLB

Before you reinstall remove any software that is connected to Easy CD, Direct CD, or Adaptec. Empty the recycle bin and temp files. (Do this last). When you reinstall If yo have windows XP choose custom and do not allow Take Two and Direct CD to load. After you install the update find the folder engine in the same folder you installed to and run engsetup. Reboot and you may receive a drive locator box if so let it run if not you should be OK.

6. jett_30032

thanks

I'm using 98 so will this apply?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!