1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy CD Creator V. 4.02 Data CD-R's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by JewisHeritage, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage Thread Starter

When using the above "Subject" program to create backup data cd's you are not able to use the Jewel Case Creator to automatically list the contents on the cd as you can when you create a music cd. I have 400+ mp3 files plus 125+ mpeg music videos files to backup to cd. I don't want to hand write the contents of each cd on the cd jacket. I have tried to use Windows Explorer but most likely I am overlooking something. Can someone please inform how I can create ANY document that I can place in the cd holder that will list the cd contents. I have the Roxio V. 5.0 but have not installed it because if anything goes wrong (which I know it will :) ) I have no way to bring back version 4.02 without reformatting the HD because 4.02 is on my restore cd in a zip format along with WIN98SE.

Please let me know what I forgot to tell you so that you can help me.

Thank you in advance for your time, help & assistance....

2. slipe

slipe

This will solve your directory problem: http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/JDirPrint.htm

At least update your EZCD to 4.05 and update your DirectCD while you are there.

EZCD http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/ecdcupdates.jhtml
    DirectCD http://www.roxio.com/en/support/dcdwin/dcdwinupdates.jhtml

If you have EZCD5 Platinum you really want to install it. MP3s you download sound crappy when you record them because the volumes are different. The bundled EZCD 4 won’t equalize them unless you have the retail version rather than one that came bundled, but if you have the retail version of either 4 or 5 it will..

If neither is the retail package with all of the extra components use Feurio. The demo is full featured and never expires – like WinZip. It does all kinds of good stuff with audio: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml It also coexists with other burner programs well.

You don’t have to update EZCD and DirectCD separately with version 5 BTW. Just updating EZCD does both, but not with version 4. If you install EZCD 5 make sure you do the updates as there are some bug fixes. What burner do you have? I might have some software to get you by if you uninstall v4 and can’t get v5 to install.

3. JewisHeritage

Slipe ... Thanx for the info & links! The burner is a basic LG 8088 I believe. All my software is Bundled via an OEM machine ... that is why I have no way to reinstall V.4 if the V.5 install screws up. I will update the V.4 as you mentioned. I am not sure which version of 5 I have ... a friend gave me a copy on CD.

Also, I recently purchased a home DVD player with an MP3 decoder. I am able to play my CD-R's on it ... it is my understanding that V.5 allows you to record Music Videos (mpeg) on CD-R's that can be played on the DVD player.

Please add any info to this post that you feel is appropriate!

Thanx so much!

Geoffrey

4. slipe

slipe

I wasn’t aware that EZCD4 would not write MPEGs – I know version 5 will.

You are concerned that you will uninstall v4 and then not be able to install v5. Sony was giving away their CD Extreme software for a while and I still have a link where you can download it. It coexists with other software and works on most burners. It will burn MPEGs. If you get it up and working you will know you have working recording software and can uninstall EZCD4 and install v5. The Sony software is exactly the same as the Prassi Primo CD Plus software. It is excellent: http://151.199.133.3:8080/extreme.html

5. JewisHeritage

Slipe: The JDirPrint is working out just fine for my needs!:) As soon as I finish backing up the remainder of my mp3's I will install Version 5 of Easy CD Creator. I will post back & let you know how it all worked all! It may take a while to post back if I run out of CD-R's .... but I will post back!!!!!

Thanx again for your time & help!;)

6. cwilmot

cwilmot

Geoffrey, I read, with interest, your problem re: your inability to use the Jewel Case Creator with 4.02. I have experienced the same problem. My questions are:
    Have you done any downloading of upgrades yet and, if so, how high did you go in Versions?
    Did you encounter any problems upgrading?
    Can you now use the Jewel Case Creator and how high an upgrade does it take to do so?
    Thanks for any suggestions or help you may be able to offer.
    I have a DELL P4 (1.5 Ghz) which I purchased just a year ago. It came with v. 4.02.

7. JewisHeritage

cwilmot: I have downloaded all the updates for Version 4 which will take me up to Version 4.5. I have not installed these updates yet because I want to complete my backups before updating & I have run out of blank CD-R's. As soon as I am done with the backups, I will do the updates & post back & advise you of what abilities Jewel Case has with Data CD's created using CD Creator Version 4.5. However, the link that slipe gave above is great for printing the contents of Data CD's created using CD Creator. I should note, that although I have Direct CD ... I don't use it at all ... I just can't stand that program!;)

8. LuckyJJ

LuckyJJ

Do you still have the updates to these two programs? I am having trouble finding them...

Thanks a heap. As soon as possible, I will copy every thing I have on the CDs i previously burned using these two programs and update to an entirely new program.... and you can bet it won't be a Roxio product!!

Thanks for you time.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

LuckyJJ, this is a five year old thread. If you still need assistance, start a new thread with full details for assistance.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice