1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy-CD Pro Setup dies/disapperas

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Easy CD Pro 5 Setup starts and then dies after about 10 seconds.

I have seen this on different machines--fresh loads and on machines that have been running for quite some time. The only fix I've found for it so far is to reload Windows fresh and clean and try again from scratch. But, there has to be a better way.

This has been a problem with Win98 and 2000; but, I haven't enough experience to know whether it is a problem with XP.

The one that is giving me problems now is Windows 2000 on my wife's machine. The immediately-preceeding load of Windows 2000 loaded and ran it just fine. Now, after reloading Windows 2000 fresh and clean, the problem pops up again.

Any suggestions?

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I found the solution at Roxio:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/ecdc/eez000012.jhtml

I don't think this document was there a few months back as I have been bothered with this for a couple of years or more and have been searching the net for an answer for that length of time.

But, anyway, there it is for any others who might have the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice