easy cleaner registry cleaner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

24giovanni

Banned
Is anyone familiar with this? If so, after scanning the reg. are you suppose to delete everything it finds?

Q4. EasyCleaner's parts like registry cleaning- and unnecessary files-part list even thousands of unnecessary files/entries, are they save to delete?
A4. Usually yes, I recommend you to delete files first to the recycle bin (see Options), restart your computer and see if everything works fine then empty the recycle bin. In registry cleaning I haven't heard a single case where the computer has started to work strangely, but it is better be sure. EasyCleaner creates an undo-file from the entries deleted.

Windows' registry stores huge amount of data about system, programs, settings etc. Registry can be found from every Windows except from 3.xx (or earlier), Windows NT/2000/XP's and 95/98/ME's registries have only slight differences, EasyCleaner can read both of them.

When you execute a program it is most likely to save it's settings to the registry, then registry's size increases and reading from it gets slower. If you delete or uninstall a program it's saved settings might not disappear from the registry so the registry fills up with unnecessary data, registry will become "dirty". Dirty registry slows the computer down quite much.

EasyCleaner searches registry for entries that point to a non-existing directory or file. When you delete those unnecessary entries registry's size decreases and reading from it gets faster!

On every succesful startup Windows takes backup from your registry, you can do this by yourself by copying SYSTEM.DAT- and USER.DAT-files located in Window's directory. This ain't necessary though, thanks to EasyCleaner's ability to create UNDO-files (ECUndoXX.reg). EasyCleaner creates .REG-file from all entries deleted on the same session, and by double-clicking the *.REG-file you can add those previously deleted entries back to the registry. More from options.

EasyCleaner documentation by ToniArts

I have used Easy Cleaner for several months now. I always delete everything it finds in the registry cleaner and have never had a problem with it. That's my 2 cents worth, T.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online