1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

easy cleaner

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sylvia,ann, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sylvia,ann

sylvia,ann Thread Starter

can anyone please tell me which boxes should be ticked to do a unnecessary file clean please as if i tick all the boxes i got loads of files come up and i dint think i should delete all of them

2. 1069

Hi again SylviaAnn,

It is quite safe to delete all the unnecessary files that Easycleaner finds - there could well be 100's but if you want to be selective tick the top 4 boxes only - you will still have lots to delete if using for the first time. Once found - click SELECT ALL then click DELETE ALL Remember to use this on a regular basis - Win98 does tend to slow down when full of clutter.

3. sylvia,ann

sylvia,ann Thread Starter

Hi 1069
    I dont know about hundreds there seems to be thousands I have never used this programe before so wasnt sure what to delete and what to leave but if you say it is safe to tick all 6 boxes and delete every thing then that may be why muy computer is so sos slow
    hope i dont mess it up lol

4. 1069

I have never had a problem with this - If there are that many then this could well be the reason why your system is so slow - If you feel happier tick one or two boxes at a time. Let me know how you get on

5. flakyteabag

flakyteabag

The unnecessary file and registry cleaner work well, never had a problem with it,but DO NOT delete any duplicate files unless you know what you doing it can cause serious problems

6. k9lover

k9lover

I have 98 running slow and constant freezing. do u trust easy clean when dealing with the registry delete area? also runing IE 5.... where can i get 6.0 for free (and will it help me) THANKS IN ADVANCE

7. 1069

Hi K9lover,

this should have been posted in a seperate thread - however..

I have used Easy Cleaner for a long time but I only use "Unnecessary" and "Registry" options. I can say that I have never had a problem - that does not mean to say that others have not!

Have you run Adaware and Spybot or any other similar programs?

Do you have an up-to-date A/Virus ?

8. k9lover

k9lover

sorry .... no on adaware and spybot... no on a/virus
    where can i get all 3.... i will run them and hopefully go away.
    1069 .... you rock,,, TIA again (mobile dog groomer on a rainy day in GA)

9. 1069

10. noclone

noclone

Try NoClone, it finds and deletes duplicate files by true byte-by-byte comparison. So you can find duplicate mp3, photos and any types. The unique smart marker help you to clean up hard drives.

http://noclone.net

11. Ol' Young

Ol' Young

I was impressed by all of the favorable comments about Easycleaner so I decided to give it a try.Not seeing any links in this thread i went to Google. One of the high racommendations there was from PC Magazine so I downloaded it. What I ended up with was a program called Registry Mechanic which puzzled me. Is this the same program ???

Thanks for your help

Ol' Young

12. 1069

13. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Sylvia Ann:

Make sure you're using EasyCleaner 2.0.6.380, which is downloadable from here.

In the "Unnecessary" section, make use of the top 3 boxes. I've never had a problem with deleting everything that it's found - in both Windows 98SE and Windows XP SP2. :)

14. Ol' Young

Ol' Young

Thank you very much 1069 and Flavallee for your links and your operational tips. I have sucessfully downloaded EasyCleaner! It looks like a really good and easy to use program. I already scanned the Registry and deleted the 200+ files it found. I rebooted and have found no problems so far.

I have one more question for you before I run the "Uneccessary" feature. I have several apps which I have had to register for like this and other forums and programs like Sprint, etc. If I delete all my cookies will I have to re-register for them? If so, what is the best way to get around it?

I learn so much from these forums and Tech Support Guys is one of the very very best. My donation will be in the mail shortly.

Thanks for your help regarding the cookies.

Ol' Young

15. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That's why I said to place a checkmark in the top 3 boxes. This deletes temp and other junk files, without deleting your cookies and TIF's.

If you delete cookies and TIF's, you'll just have to re-enter usernames and passwords to the sites that require them(like this forum), so make sure you know what they are.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice