1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy Driver 'Fix'?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Skin1301, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skin1301

Skin1301 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have recently reinstalled XP onto my laptop, 'Compaq Presario r3000', but I'm having trouble getting the drivers for some of the hardware.

Specifically:
    Base System Device
    Multimedia Audio Controller
    PCI Modem
    SM Bus Controller

I have been on the Compaq/HP support site but cant seem to find what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of good free driver 'fix' program I could use as a quick win? Or know of a good site where I may find these drivers?

Any help is very appriciated.

Thanks alot in advance.

Skin

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

Ok well first you would want your chipset drivers installed again. That should let windows identify the hardware. Then the multimedia controller sounds like a sound card which would be next on the list. Then it would be a dial up modem, in other words you need modem drivers. Then it sounds like you have a camera memory card reader. You would need those drivers last.

3. Skin1301

Skin1301 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

How would I find my chipset drivers?

4. new tech guy

new tech guy

There are two ways to do this. First, under the assumption the computer was store purchased or online (meaning you did not build it) you can get the factory restore discs and use those to reload the drivers by putting them into your computer while in windows. Then just browse to the necessary drivers and load them up. Or if you do not have the recovery media, you would go to the manufacturer's website, look up your pc, and download your drivers there and simply install them. Just be sure to reboot after each install.

5. Hughv

Hughv

This notebook came in several versions, including an AMD model and an Intel Model.
    Use the model number on your service tag to locate the correct drivers.

6. Skin1301

Skin1301 Thread Starter

Thanks all my drivers are now installed.

Much Appriciated.

Skin

7. new tech guy

new tech guy

Good to hear :). If this thread is solved, please go to thread tools at the top of the page, click mark solved, then click perform action. (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice