Easy File transfer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techneeder

I tried using Easy Fike Transfer 5 times over a network and it always gets stuck at "preparing to gather data". I am going from windows XP to Vista.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Instead of going over the network create a folder on the XP computer and store Windows Easy Transfer Data in that folder, then copy that folder to the Vista computer and run Easy Transfer again to import the settings.

techneeder

Thank you.
Now Easy File Transfer starts transferring data but gets stuck on some file for hours, and when I try to stop it, it cancels the whole transfer.

Want to transfer large files easily? why not try File Splitter and Joiner. I can't help recommending you the Glary File Splitter and Joiner. It's quite fast during the processes, in seconds. The receiver needn't install Glary but can also join the splitted ones into one whole file directly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online