1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy laptop question ( Thermal paste )

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IrelandYaaaa, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IrelandYaaaa

IrelandYaaaa Thread Starter

How r ya?

I am fixing a faulty laptop ( well trying to ), I have noticed that there is no thermal paste or pad on the cpu die, should there be? The only thing i can see is a dried in black whatever!! Now I know there always should be some sorta thermal paste or pad on a desktop pc so is the laptop any different?

The computer runs ok but it is very slow and the hdd light constantly flashes, would an overheating cpu cause that?
    I was just gonna stick some thermal paste on but i thought it was maybe better checking with someone that knows first before i cause damage.

Cheers

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

What make and Model?

3. IrelandYaaaa

IrelandYaaaa Thread Starter

Its a Packard bell

Celeron 1.5ghz
    256mb
    20gb hdd

I am not to sure of the model, its possibly an igo, that is the only badge i can see.

BTW thanks for the reply

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Yeah that should have a thermal pad on it. Laptops tend to use a non sticky pad rather than paste.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice