Easy question on memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gorper99

I have a 5 year old Dell with Winxp and only 256mb PC800 RDRAM.Was told that to increase the memory,everything had to be purchased from Dell.True or not?

Not true but rd ram is really expensive and you might find a new system could cost less.
Check here: www.crucial.com and put in your dell model number.

LOL, I wouldn't expect to see too many systems with more than 1 gb of ram at that price, when you could get an entire new system with 2-4gb of ram for the price of just 2gb of rdram. That is ridiculous.

MichaelDee said:
LOL, I wouldn't expect to see too many systems with more than 1 gb of ram at that price, when you could get an entire new system with 2-4gb of ram for the price of just 2gb of rdram. That is ridiculous.

Ok yes it is ridiculous but remember 1 gb of rdram really is almost equivalent to 2 gb ddr in performance. You would not believe the difference if you tried it. never the less the price is nonsense.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online