easy question re: CD Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KrzyPrk

I have just installed an additional CD drive. Now, everytime I put in a music CD I can only hear it only from one of the drive which has a connector to the mobo.

How can I make both CD drive play a music CD (not at the same time) ?

You should have a cable running from the cdrom sound to your sound card on the one that's working. You would need to add the cable to the second drive and connect it to the sound card also, probably on the aux input if you have one.

KrzyPrk

thanks for the quick reply Brian

I didnt know bout the AUX. ok, I dont have a sound card so it seems like I would need 2 of those cable.

I have a CD RW drive and a DVD drive. Which drive should I connect to the Aux or to the CD connectors?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online