1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy Question? Two computers compaired.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paynesmanor, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor Thread Starter

I have two computers that the processor is only 29mhz faster on the computer A But Computer B has a faster multiplyer, a 15 compaired to a 11, and this effects the FSB, by over 100,,, 265 under a 398. These are so close in specs I am not sure whats what, as I hear what makes a computer faster is actually the FSB, But there are a lot of variables that go into figuring these things out.. Is there anyway that computer B would of better use to me while gamming?

I have a screen shot of CPUz which gives most of the specs side by side for both computers.

Can someone offer me some advice as to what computer would be better for HC gaming?

As far as the ram, The only difference is Computer A is DDR where computer B is older SD ram. They have the same amount, and same Mhz. and would be interchangeable if one was not SD and the other DDR..

In my opinion I think computer A would be a better choice for gamming, How much does the FSB effect the performance of the pc?

Attached Files:

2. Ziggy587

Ziggy587

If by "HC" you mean hard core, then neither. But...

I would go with computer B just to upgrade it. Its a faster FSB which I guess doesn't matter a whole lot, but, you can score the 400fsb P4's off ebay for really low prices now. In fact, I'm about to get a 2GHz one for only $10! I'm sure a 2.4GHz or even 2.6Ghz wouldn't be that much. I think the 400fsb went up to 2.8GHz commercially, I actually own a 3Ghz 400fsb but don't bother trying to find one (I will show proof if any one doubts this, it DOES exist).

I'm not sure if you are willing to upgrade it, but I don't know how much gaming you can do with out upgrading. If you did go to 2.6Ghz then you'd be able to run a few newer games like Call of Duty 4.

That motherboard probably takes PC133 RAM which is also fairly cheap now. I believe I found a 256MB stick for $8 on ebay. I would get what ever the max amount is.

And probably more important then the CPU (in this case) is the video card, whats in computer A and B? That onbaord 64MB stuff doesn't cut it. Some lower end boards during that time didn't even have an AGP slot for a video card. This is something you definitely want to consider. If the computer does have a video card but its anything less then a GeForce 6 series, then you'll definitely want to up that.

A lot of people would say not to bother, but I would upgrade computer B only because you can for not a lot of money at all. If you want, post back exactly what computer it is (make, model, brand) so we can get a clearer picture of what you have.

3. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor Thread Starter

So, You think the 400FSB is a better pc, I have one 256 vid card, which was in both pc's when I took the screen shot.. I was kinda wondering about the Cache only being 8 or 12 kbps, on the intel, ( I thought that seemed a bit low, and with the AMD being 64, I would think it was better,, Not to sure what a cache is actually in computer terms anyway.. Computer A (AMD) Is there a way to change the multiplyer, to speed up the bus speed?? I think the processor is just about the highest I can get for it? They actually made a 1.8, but its only .3 more then whats in it,, I know nothing about the intel as I just got it last night.. Any insight to the 8 or 12 kbps would be appreciated..

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

The Athlon (Comp A) is about 50% faster than the P4 (Comp B). The P4 is the old Willamette version, and at 1.5GHz performs no better than a 1GHz Athlon. The speed of the FSB and RAM isn't so important.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice