1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Easy Way To Upgrade USB Port

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lightamatch, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightamatch

lightamatch Thread Starter

I am looking for the easiest way that I can upgrade a usb port, I take that back just a way to upgrade my ports. I have 1.0 USB ports as far as I know if you can figure it out I am using an HP Omnibook XE3 with an Intel 8371 AB/EB PIIX 4. Please let me know of any way that I can upgrade this to a 2.0 as I am desperate to do so. Is it possible to get new USB ports and install them on my computer, the more help the better. Thanks a [email protected]!

2. esdxc37

esdxc37

I might be wrong in this but I dont think you can replace usb ports in laptops and if you could it would be very pricey.
    you cannot upgrade via software so you are goin to have to stick with usb 1 or buy a new machine.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you can get a PCI usb card very cheaply - i paid £12 for a 4 port one a year ago

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!