1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EasyCAP strange problem. Color/black n white.

Discussion in 'Games' started by g4m3sl4y3r, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4m3sl4y3r

g4m3sl4y3r Thread Starter

Hello guys,

i've bought an easycap about 3 months ago.. together with a scart splitter and an scart-to-composite-and-reverse cable.

I was quite dissapointed that it didn't support pal-60 for my region. It only did black and white..

Soo.. today i've been fking around with it, and found out that it won't do PAL but will do NTSC (wich i already know). I tried all possible formats (sad enough NTSC_443 or something like that wasn't between it.)

But when i changed the OUT-Composite cable with the IN-Composite cable, it recorded my TV in normal PAL colors (it still did black and white in NTSC). When i changed the cables back, it tilted the screen.. and when i changed the signal from PAL-B or whatever pal one back to NTSC_M or NTSC_M_J it worked again in black and white..

but when i changed it from NTSC_M to PAL again, it flashes the screen on tilt, but WITH the correct colors..

(so there was a tilted-screen with the correct colors)

anyone knowing how to get this while recording? (the colors) i'm talking about my xbox 360 here.. if i hook it up directly it won't work either, and putting my xbox back to pal-50 didn't work as well..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!