1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

easycap

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luckett311, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckett311

luckett311 Thread Starter

So I recently purchased a easycap capture card but after I installed the driver and software it doesn't work. I downloaded different software off the internet and it told me the device was occupied with a previous request. After all this I downloaded virtual machine and installed the usb 2.0 addition but when I try to connect the usb to the machine it says it's occupied. I went through all the troubleshooting with it to get it to recognize it but nothing worked. I'm so frustrated with this i'm about to throw the capture card away. Is there anything that I haven't tried or forgot to do. I am using windows 8 64bit and did try in compatibility mode.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Easycap is common because they are cheap. They tend to either work, or they don't. They don't offer any support or even have a webpage with software and driver downloads. You get what you pay for.

With that said, does it even support Win8? Compatibility mode doesn't mean anything, it's not the same as using the supported OS. The most common issue is drivers or driver conflicts.

I only recommend quality hardware, such as Hauppauge.

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

Easycap is common because most of the devices you see for sale on the internet are fakes.

Agreed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice