Ebay, maybe an expensive lesson

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigbear

Hi
Now I know there are folk on the forum that will be shouting "NEVER BUY FROM EBAY".
The problem is I purchased a brand new OEM Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and it did not come with the I/O shield backplate.
I see in the US there are websites that will sell all the motherboard parts seperately but they won't export to the UK.
I have contacted Asus UK and I am still waiting.
Does anyone now of any Uk sites that sell Asus parts, otherwise I might have to resell this to some other unsuspecting person;)

I can get nearly anything from my local PC shop.

Or try aria.co.uk. Ring their sales line, on the bottom somewhere. They have great customer service, I'm sure they can sort you out.

bigbear

jackdw said:
I can get nearly anything from my local PC shop.

Or try aria.co.uk. Ring their sales line, on the bottom somewhere. They have great customer service, I'm sure they can sort you out.
Tried Aria no joy.
I just can't believe there is not a source for this little bit of metal:(

yeah never buy oem mb, the one time i did that, i went through hell trying to find the ob sound driver, makers site no longer supported the
mb, only had lan driver. I have a whole drawer full of i/o shields as many of us do, however you are in UK, prolly cost $100 to ship the dam thing.

bigbear

brite750 said:
yeah never buy oem mb, the one time i did that, i went through hell trying to find the ob sound driver, makers site no longer supported the
mb, only had lan driver. I have a whole drawer full of i/o shields as many of us do, however you are in UK, prolly cost $100 to ship the dam thing.
Yea I have learn't a valuable lesson here:D
I thought it would be fairly easy to find the correct backplate, like you I have a box full of older backplates but this mobo is too new:eek:

bigbear said:
Yea I have learn't a valuable lesson here:D
I thought it would be fairly easy to find the correct backplate, like you I have a box full of older backplates but this mobo is too new:eek:
yeah It didnt even dawn on me about the I/O shield, luckily I had a matching one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online