- Oct 27, 2004
Don't know wots going on, but today out of the blue cannot get on to sign in page or my ebay page on ebay, anyone got any ideas. have never had a problem before.
No its not that, can get the homepage and any pages until i try to get on any page where you have to be signed in to check them, like my ebay my messages etcAcaCandy said:If you type ebay.com into the address bar, does the same thing happen? Are you clicking on an email per chance? Or a favorite link?
Cookiegal said:Please do the following:
Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
- Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Cookiegal said:Go to the forum here and upload this (these) file(s):
Here are the directions for uploading the file:
Just click "New Topic", fill in the needed details and post a link to your thread here. Click the "Browse" button. Navigate to the file on your computer. When the file is listed in the window click "Post" to upload the file.
Download Cleanup from Here
- A window will open and choose SAVE, then DESKTOP as the destination.
- On your Desktop, click on Cleanup40.exe icon.
- Then, click RUN and place a checkmark beside "I Agree"
- Then click NEXT followed by START and OK.
- A window will appear with many choices, keep all the defaults as set when the Slide Bar to the left is set to Standard Quality.
- Click OK
- DO NOT RUN IT YET
Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here.
- Install ewido.
- During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
- Launch ewido
- It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
- On the left side of the main screen click update
- Click on Start and let it update.
- DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.
Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know how.
Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You will need them to refer to in safe mode.
Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
- Click on scanner
- Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
- When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
- Save the report to your desktop
- Click on the "Cleanup" button and let it run.
- Once its done, close the program.
Go to Control Panel - Internet Options. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.
Restart back into Windows normally now.
Do a Panda Active Scan. Be sure to save the log it creates.
Come back here and post a new HijackThis log, as well as the logs from the Ewido and Panda scans.
Thanks Derekdvk01 said:C:\windows\system32\smnsp.dll is part of secretmaker so is OK
EDIT: it does look according to the log as igf part of secret maker is missing, so that could be the problem
or it could be secret maker actually blocking ebay because of all the ads on it
Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.
If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.
Join over 807,865 other people just like you!