1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ebook covers

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by EricLafayette, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EricLafayette

EricLafayette Thread Starter

Hi
    What would be the easiest way to create an Ebook cover without expensive hard to learn Photoshop like programs?
    I am a writer and not totally inept on a computer, worked a little bit with Dreamweaver and build a couple of simple webpages .
    I am writing or rewriting Ebooks but creating a cover with titles and images in a very quick simple way is my quest.
    What would be the easiest way to create an Ebook cover without expensive hard to learn Photoshop like programs?
    I could begin with a flat Ebook cover for now.
    Thanks

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sounds like an interesting project .. Maybe some of us could help.
    Can you describe what you want and maybe provide some pictures ???

And Welcome to the TSG Forum

4. EricLafayette

I downloaded paint.net but it is not what I need because I would need to learn it.
    I need to make a 3 D Ebook software with a choice of templates and then I add the title and my name and press 3d and publish .
    You could go to my website were you will see a few 3d ebook but NOT MINE and Not with MY title and name. I hope to create my own ebooks with my title and name on a cover with a template that has already some grapiccs, not plain. I have already found some software but they do not work, full of buggs. Basically I want to type title and name, three clicks and done to publish a beautiful 3d ebook. my website is http://www.thenewwinners.com
    Thanks

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Was This one of them ???

6. EricLafayette

This program does not allows to type text on the covers, it has graphic capabilities, enhancing and 3 d but no possibility to type the text on the cover, at least that is what the video showed.
    Thanks

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I see that the text was a graphics file that had to be created elsewhere ??? .. That's worthless.

This looks like it would be sorta easy in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements ..
    But learning how to do it might be difficult or time consuming.
    If all the covers were the same .. Editing the text would be easy.

I'm wondering if you have Templates for the covers you need ??

8. EricLafayette

It is interesting that all the softwares to create Ebook covers are almost good but all have a major inconvenience or flaw.
    I have some ebook templates
    Thanks

9. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

What format are the templates in ?

10. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I’m thinking the templates should be provided by the company that’s providing the packaged eBook
    And I’m guessing that we need 4 templates.
    The tricky one will probably be the printed CD/DVD

I’m not sure if we can help with Eric’s request but I’ll PM him my Email address and see if he wants to send me the templates.
    If needed .. I can host large files.

The Templates I’ve worked with on other projects are just a jpeg/pdf specification drawing.
    This eBook project really has my curiosity working overtime.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/859288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice