1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EC or EC Flash may be curropted: Help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SanudaRanawake, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanudaRanawake

SanudaRanawake Thread Starter

I put together my computer after a few months and now I can't figure out what is going on with it. First I reinstalled Windows and changed some stuff in the BIOS because the PC was turning off when in my OS and not in my BIOS.(I was also skeptical of the PSU here.) Then after it looking fine I left it through the night to check if it works fine. Today in the morning I get the same problem as yesterday but when I tried to get to the BIOS I get a message saying "EC or EC Flash may be curropted. Contact Asus Technical Support." What should I do. Below are my System Specs.
    Motherboard -: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
    RAM -:8GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3
    CPU -:Intel Core i7 4790 3.6GHz
    GPU -:Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition MSI
    Storage -:1. 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD
    2. 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD
    3. 250GB Samsung 850EVO SSD
    PSU -:600W Seasonic PSU

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    IMO, best bet is to contact Asus Technical Support.
    It's their product, they should know best and they are the ones to contact if there are any warranty issues.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Start with doing some basic troubleshooting. Do the following;
    1 System OFF, open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
    2 Remove your video card and connect the monitor to the onchip video port on the board
    3 Reseat the following; atx pw, aux pw, and ram. To reseat, you remove the part and reconnect/reinstall be sure all parts/connectors are fully seated. Install just one ram chip in the first slot or slot recommended in your manual for a single chip
    4 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, scanner, hub, etc. Leave your keyboard connected however be sure it is connected to a rear port on the board and not a front case port
    5 Clear cmos or in asus speak RTC with the clear jumper. Replace the jumper to the normal or keep position
    6 Now pw ON and see if you can enter the bios. If you can, check the following; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Post that data here for review

Once you post the data, we can then proceed to start connecting devices one at a time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice