ECC & Non-ECC RAM Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CDH

Hi to all here.

I have a Matsonic MS8308EP board & Crucial Scan says that it only
accepts Non-ECC RAM. However I am currently running my PC with ECC RAM installed which WinXP correctly recognises as 2 x 512 sticks. Since it is obviously working should I leave well alone or will it damage my PC using these sticks.
The sticks of RAM currently installed are :
2 x 512Mb - Samsung PC133R ECC SDRAM M390S6450AT1-C75

I am thouroughly confused & bewildered by the intricacies of memory & would appreciate any help you can offer.

Regards,
CDH

It shouldn't cause harm, your ECC features just wont happen if the machine only uses Non ECC.

I believe any change would be barely noticeable if at all. I could br wrong though

CDH

Thanks for all replies. I’m going to build a server now with that board & put those sticks in it. I’m sure there won’t be any problems now you’ve explained it but I’ll keep you updated if there are any.

Once again, thanks

CDH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online