1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Echo in headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goedel, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goedel

goedel Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3967 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1791 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 448568 MB, Free - 378510 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0XFWHV
    Antivirus: AVG Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Recently, I began to hear an echo in my headset which was not audible or barely so before. I tried a second headset, but it echoes too. I do not know if the headsets have feedback cancelling software built in but I doubt that. But if not, they did not have it before the problem started either. The problem lies, I think, in my computer's hardware or the sound circuits on my motherboard. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 660s, about six years old. Otherwise, the box works well; no other problems. Is there a fix other than an new computer?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Audio ... and right click then Update Driver

3. goedel

goedel Thread Starter

You must have a somewhat different version of Windows 7 than I. Mine does not have Device Manager>Audio. It does have Sound under Device Manager. In any case, it does not offer an update for drivers. I went to Dell Support on the net and found that the driver listed was rejected by my system as being older than the one installed. It must be an issue related to some sort of breakdown of my system, because I did not have this problem until recently. In any case, I do not wish to waste more time on it. I'll get used to the unpleasantness. It does not bother my caller, only me.

Computers are for individuals entertainment and the internet, a source of raw information. Otherwise, they are a huge waste of time. If libraries had more up to date systems, they would be the best answer for individuals. No need for backups, for updates, for anti-virus and anti-malware protection, for updates on the protections, for dealing with problems large and small. Maybe its better to put up with the slowness sometimes of library systems and "leave the driving to them". The alternative is to spend at least a thousand dollars on hardware and software and hours on maintenance and troubleshooting. Then there is the cost of internet connection! It is a technology that has outgrown itself. At the library, it's all free. They have the printers, scanners, and the internet connection. It also has WiFi, as does McDonald's. Then there would be no need to devote 1/3 of a room to a computer desk and the accessories. If one has not started with a computer, best thing is not to do so.

Thanks! I'll mark Solved. No longer watching or receiving emails.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice