1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Echo sound of my tv when my receiver is on

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Serge2012, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Samsung UHD tv series 8 and a Pioneer receiver VSX-934. when I turn on the receiver I get the echo of the sound of the speakers from the tv. I'd like to get the sound of the tv when the receiver is off and switch to the sound from the receiver when I turn it on. Thanks for your help.

Serge

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Check your TV's audio settings to see if there is an option to mute the internal speakers when outputting external audio. Unless you are using an HDMI ARC connection to feed audio from the TV to the receiver -AND- the TV can use that connection to sense if the receiver is turned on to switch from the internal speakers, you will probably need to manually switch the TV between internal speakers and the Pioneer receiver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1238700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice