Echo while watching videos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Daelin

I'm using an HP Pavilion a1600n, with Windows XP Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

When I watch certain videos on my computer, I get a strange echo sound, but it only seems to happen with people's voices in the videos. The videos it happens with are in .OGM and .AVI format. It's not my media player, because I've tried using Media Player Classic and WinAmp, they both do the same thing.

Strangely, I have some .AVI videos I recorded myself that are working fine, and when I listen to music or test Windows sounds, it's also fine.

Help?

Daelin

Umm... I'm gonna bump this thread. This problem sort of effects my ability to watch anything interesting on my computer.

Halp please?

Never mind, got help from someone else....

If anyone's wondering, it was a codec issue. I downloaded some stuff from http://free-codecs.com .
Welcome to TSG.

Thank-you for posting your solution.

You can mark your thread solved by clicking thread tools at the top of your first post.

Have a great day,
RootbeaR.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online