1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Eclipse and Java Install on Flash Drive HELP

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Devpro, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Devpro

Devpro Thread Starter

Is there a way to get both the java sdk and eclipse onto my flash drive. I am only going to be writing the code on windows 64 bit computers, ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
    Thanks in advance to any and all who assist.
    Devpro

2. draceplace

draceplace

What is the issue here? You going to write code but can't copy to a drive?

3. Devpro

Devpro Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply draceplace,
    I realize I should have been better with the specificity, I am working on learning java and as I learn I wanted to "follow along" as the tutorial progresses I will learn more and more because I am a hands on learner. I am using computers at my school to do so and on the desktops there is no jre or something on the pc because when I downloaded the eclipse zipped file, I extracted it to my flash drive so I could save my projects as I move from pc to pc and I wanted to know if there was a way to install it on the flash drive.
    Again thanks,
    Devpro

4. draceplace

draceplace

It appears possible. I found these two articles that might get you started in the right direction
    CodeProject

NetWorld

5. Devpro

Devpro Thread Starter

Thanx but it appears to not recognize the jre located on the flash drive.
    Devpro

6. draceplace

draceplace

Not really knowing what I'm talking about here(disclaimer!), the article(s) mention some special handling of the JRE folder and directing Eclipse to that folder. Also one article mentioned you needed to start Java first. Be sure and scroll all the way down to see the whole thing on CodeProject. There are also some comments that you should read at the bottom.

If you followed those directions I would be tempted to ask the dudes that wrote those articles a specific questing explaining what did.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice