1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ECS 3083 fault

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grover2000, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grover2000

Grover2000 Thread Starter

Hi I have a ECS 3083 laptop that just is on a loop when the on button is pressed.

All it does is check the cd drive over and over again and does nothing else.

The screen is blank.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Grover

2. TekTime

TekTime

Blank screen? Sounds like your laptop may need a trip to the nearest shop.

3. Grover2000

Grover2000 Thread Starter

Hi

Can you not elaborate a little further as to where the fault may be? It is common knowledge that if an electrical item is faulty it is usually taken to a place where it can be repaired.

I thought on this forum you could possibly advice where the fault could be with your vast experiance. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance

Grover

4. TekTime

TekTime

Well the problem is, if you can't see anything at all on your screen, then it will be hard to troubleshoot on a forum..
    unless....you can get into the BIOS. Do you know the key(s) that you need to press to enter the BIOS setup menu? If you can view the BIOS, you are in good shape. If not, you will need to have it physically looked over to figure out the problem.

(Could be a damaged inverter, or your screen is defective, or your motherboard is faulty...)

----------
    "All it does is check the cd drive over and over again and does nothing else."

Are you saying that the CD Rom spins and the light just blinks while there is nothing on the screen?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice