ECS K7S5A Death

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asphalt-race

Hello all,
I have an ECS K7S5A with Athlon XP1800+. System was working fine, until I changed heatsink and fan for cpu. Now system won't post, no video, no beeps. I have reseated video card, memory sticks, rechecked cpu and heatsink to no avail. I also used Antec Formuls 5 thermal compound. I have since replaced motherboard and processor and system works great. Is there any to check if the problem was the cpu or the motherboard?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You would have to test the suspect parts with known good parts. Testing the CPU would be quite easy, just try it on your new board, if it works then its most likely the motherboard but to be sure you would have to test with the CPU, Video, RAM plugged in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online