1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ECS mobo no video problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robo5050, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robo5050

robo5050 Guest Thread Starter

Hello Forum Members,

I just got my E.C.S. moibo-model 915G-A-back from RMA repair,and am having virtually the same problem previously with this mobo:No video when booting/starting the computer up!!:confused:

This 'board has a proprietary onboard VGA connector cable that I first tried booting to the bios screen,but no video;the second time i used a ATI X6000 PCIe video card ,but still could not get any video for the BIOS screen,although both power-ons the power supply switched on as well as the mobo power LED!?!:mad:

If anyone is familiar with this brand and/or make of board,I would greatly appreciate tips/recommendations regarding solving the NO Video at boot-up problem!!

btw,I am using the same components I used to try the returned mobo out with,and I have no problems with these components that are on a Gigabyte board with similar specifications (except it has an Intel 945PM chipset ,and AMI bios chip)

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

I had one ECS motherboard in the past 15 years. That was more than enough. I would never buy another one.
    If you can return it, I would suggest doing so.

3. robo5050

Thanks for the reply!!
    I thought there might be something wrong with the ECS chipset itself,in which case I will probably tkae your advice and toss it!!

I will not want to go through resending this 'board back for repair when it was supposed to be fixed the first time around;I will probably not buy another ECS in the future,and stick with Gigabyte for now!!

Again,thanks for the ECS tip!!

4. robo5050

Thanks for the reply!!

I thought there might be something wrong with the ECS chipset itself,in which case I will probably follow your advice and toss it!!

I will not want to go through resending this 'board back for repair(even though it does have features that have needed) when it was supposed to be fixed the first time around;I will probably not buy another ECS in the future, and stick with Gigabyte for now!!

Again,thanks for the ECS tip!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700707

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice