1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ECS mother board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sanpedromp, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sanpedromp

sanpedromp Thread Starter

I have a defective computer with a busted cpu (Athlon, 'forgot the speed). I like to replace it with Athlon XP2000 or higher. My mother board is ECS K7VZA rev. 1.0. Will the Athlon XP2000 or higher work on my mobo. Help please.

2. Sponsor

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

K7VZA Supports 100/200 Mhz FSB. Maybe someone else knows which AMD processors run this buss speed.

4. pronute

pronute

ECS motherboards are crap anyway, you do much better replacing both.

5. sanpedromp

sanpedromp Thread Starter

Thanks Pronute! ECS boards are crap, but can anyboby help without me buying another mobo. Does any body know if an Athlon XP2000 or higher will work on ECS K7VZA rev. 1.0. Thanks.

6. brite750

brite750

7. pronute

pronute

The best you Athlon you can put on a VIA KT133 chipset is Athlon 1.4GHz (Thunderbird core) or Duron 1.3GHZ. The Athlon is about $125 OEM and the Duron about $45 OEM. And by the way I still sugest changing both because the processor burned out on that board, the board is probably toast also. The Athlon 1.4 runs on a 100MHz clock giving you 200MHz front side bus, which makes this very old core slow, plus aviability is low since AMD phased them out. For $125 you can get a Athlon XP 3200+ (BARTON core) 512K cache OEM that's a 200MHz clock giving you a 400MHz FSB.

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Usually the board goes first :eek: Not the processor.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271439