ECS Motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RGV312

Has anyone had any experience or any problems with ECS motherboards. I wanna upgrade my 2nd PC with has an abit BE6and P3 450mhz. I was on pricewatch and i found a ECS K7S5A mobo with a Duron 1gb cpu for $94, seems like a great deal if the mobo is relieable..
thanks all

Never heard of ECS(Elite). Look at the specs for the board and chipsets on it to see if it is a good board or not. You can also go to motherboards.org to look for reviews or ask someone on their forum. Be wary of the "with processor" deals as there really isn't any warranty for either item. If you buy them retail and boxed you will get the full warranty. Also if you are planning on using components out of the old box look at compatibility with the new board....especially in the memory area.

RGV312

this perticular combo comes with a 3 yr warranty and the cpu is retail boxed.. seems like anawesome bargin!

Everybody says that when you get a good one, it works fine. Unfortunately, I've had two that were bad. They are a very sensitive board.

Debe

My P6ISA-II is giving some trouble (I think) at the moment. Unfortunately my retailer went bust. I have not tried Elitesystems for support so cannot coment on that.

Hope it helps

Howard

RGV312

then would the FIC AZ-11mobo with the duron 1gb be better @$94, or would the ECS be better???? The FIC mobo is $39, kinda suspicious..... thanks for the help

I have built about 5 computers with ECS motherboards two of them where K7S5A only one out of the five was bad where the video went bad (K7S5A does not have video onboard) one of the K7S5A has a 1400 thunderbird running over 1600 mhz with no problems

That motherboard works fine with the Duron .I built 3 with 1.2 gig and 950.Good buy.
I had trouble with that board with the xp 1700 and 1600 amd processor
Can't beat the price but would not use with xp processor.
Also retail box is great deal
Good Luck
PS Sound on board not to good for direct x games

I've had my K7S5A since Nov of last yr.
I've got it running rock solid even when I o/c my XP1700+ to 1613mhz at 147/147fsb.
my system is in my sig below.

ECS (Elite) mainboards are made by PC Chips which is kind of a cheapee board, however these boards are made in a totaly new factory apart from PC Chips other factory. Supposedly there have been few quality complaints about these boards to date. The vendor for my company's computer parts handles these boards and so far they tell me they have had good luck with them. Sounds like a winner so far

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online