1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Edge won't load pages from particular server

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Damonc, Feb 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

As the subject says, I've got a problem with Microsoft Edge version (44.17763.1.0) not loading pages from a particular server.

It doesn't matter if the page is a PHP page, or a simple HTML page with "Hello" in the body, edge won't load it.. meanwhile chrome has no worries whatsoever.

This is across multiple machines running Win 10 Pro. I'm only using Edge as I need a browser to function in Windows 10 "Assigned Access"/"Kiosk" mode. No changes have been made to the browsers settings, its all just as defaults. I do have a handful of machines running the same version of edge, and loading from the page no worries.

When trying to load the page in edge, put the address in, the homepage reloads, the address disappears from the address bar. The server I'm trying to load from is on the local network, its a Ubuntu 16.04 machine running Apache2.0 and PHP7.0.32

I've looked at the edge console as I'm trying to load the page, but as it doesn't actually load it nothing appears, I've also checked the Apache error log on the server, but that also comes up with nothing.

Any ideas?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Yes. Don't use Edge if you can help it. It's a pain in the behind. I have the same issue where some sites shows 'not available' but Chrome/FF is fine.

You can use DISM powershell command to change the association of HTML to which ever browser you want.

3. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

Thanks for the response, however as I'm using the windows 10 "Assigned access" mode, it doesn't give you the option to use other browsers.. so I'm stuck using edge. Looks like i'll have to come up with a work-around.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Why and what is requiring that you use this "windows 10 "Assigned access" mode"?

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Assigned Access is Win10's way of forcing a kiosk account user into using ONLY ONE application.

If the OP does not have access to an admin account, he cannot overcome this limitation.

plodr likes this.
  6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK, then if you are not the administrator of the computer, you will need to let the IT Admin/Staff know that some of the websites are not being allowed to connect and maybe they will put another browser on there...

Having said that, in the search bar, type internet explorer and see if that shows. If it does, you may be able to use that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice