1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved edit config.sys

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by D, Jan 11, 2002.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. D

D Guest Thread Starter

Hello. I installed "The Sims" amd "Sims Hotdate" on my Dell ME and I've been having some problems with freezeup and runtime errors. When the games were installed and I rebooted a message came up that stack space may need to be increased. I've gone through DOS to try to edit the config.sys and add a line that says stack=9,256, but the edit config.sys window comes up blank. The are files I can choose from but I don't where I should add the line. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

The fact that it is blank simply means you didn't have anything starting there before....just type in the line and save changes, and reboot the computer.

3. D

D Guest Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

4. columbo

columbo

Hi,

You indicated that your operating system is Windows ME, right? If this is the case, then here's a bit of information about the problems asscoiated with making changes to your config.sys in ME.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000361.htm

If you're using Win 95/98, then just go ahead and make the changes.

Also, here's a link to a general Sims FAQ page, to help you troubleshoot the problem. Just click on Help, at the top of the page.

http://thesims.ea.com/us/

Hope this helps,

Columbo :)

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Thanks, columbo.....another item to add to my ME book of limited knowledge :)

6. columbo

columbo

Hey,

No problem AcaCandy ;)

I have no doubt that your ME knowledge far exceeds my own, (I've never even used a computer with ME on it!)

Columbo

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice