1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

editing alphabetical Web page search lists

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Copernicus, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Copernicus

Copernicus Thread Starter

How do I erase or remove entries under a specific letter of the alphabet in my webpage searches history. As an example, if I type in "a", I get a pop up that shows me everything starting with that letter that I've ever searched on. Right keying on those entries does not give me a way to delete them. Is there a file I can edit or other means to selectively edit each letter of the alphabet? Deleting past searches does not remove these entries from that alphabetic listing apparently.

2. Corrosive

Corrosive

Try deleting you're history and you're temporary internet files

3. Copernicus

Copernicus Thread Starter

Typical Scots Humour, nay doot!
    Anyway, deleting as you suggested does not remove the alphabetical cues that appear when you go to set up a search. As an example if I click on search and wish to locate Appomatox, and I've previously searched for apples and amputee information, as soon as I type the "A" the previous search cues will appear in the drop box. If I keep on typing they, of course, will disappear but the intent on my part is to remove them deliberately and permanently. Being reminded of a hundred-plus prior searches is a nuisance.
    Any other suggestions, anyone?

4. Corrosive

Corrosive

Ah! I get you now! I never read you're post correctly. This feature is known as Auto Complete, and you can turn the feature off by going into the Internet Options in the Tools menu. I think (I don't like IE).

:rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice