1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Editing Excel charts in Power Point

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lar100, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lar100

lar100 Thread Starter

For my power point (2010) presentations I copy and paste parts of excel spreadsheets into power point slides. Once pasted, if I edit the excel spreadsheet that is on the slide, some of my information is no longer viewable. For example, if I paste 10 rows that are 20 columns deep, once I go to edit the information, only 10 columns are viewable, though I can scroll to see all of the columns. Once I edit the information, if I click outside of the excel paste, I still can only see 10 columns deep. I want to be able to paste information from excel to power point, edit it if I need to, and once done editing (in power point) still be able to view all of my columns when I show the slide show. Does anyone know how to fix this? So far my fix for this has been to delete the spreadsheet that is on my slide, go back to my original excel spreadsheet, edit that info, and copy and paste it again.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I think you need to Paste/Link rather than just paste.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1116865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice