1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

editing pdf files

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by ropleytig, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ropleytig

ropleytig Thread Starter

I found lots of helpful advice here but the way I now use is I think the most simple, and it's free. Download a programme called FreeOCR. Load the pdf file into it and then save it as a jpeg file. It can then be edited in most graphics programmes. The result can then be saved as a jpeg or back as a pdf file. It works - and it's quick and free.

2. williambjacobs

williambjacobs

Thanks for this.

3. hewee

hewee

PDF-XChange Viewer

The No.1 rated BEST PDF Reader - as voted by Life Hacker Readers by a 2-1 margin for the 2nd year in a row!

New - OCR options included - OCR your image based/scanned PDF's to make fully text searchable PDF files !!!!

Now has FREE OCR functionality that works great. I have it at a higher setting that takes longer to scan but they are old books and bad image scans and it gets all or most of it right.

But here are the Best Free PDF Tools

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice