1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eee pc series

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by johnogy, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnogy

johnogy Thread Starter

hi people, my miss has only gone and brought a eee pc series (asus 701) with out even telling me she fort she was getting a bargin for £60 second hand, wot a fool she is, ive got it in front of me now and they installed windows xp2 on b4 they sold her it, ive done a driver scan and theres 96 updates that need to done, i havent got a clue if its a clone copy or anything i was thinking would it be best if i just did a clean installation of windows xp3 (boot from usb witch i havent got a clue how to do) or shall i just let it update its self ? PLEASE HELP . she brought this for my 8 year old daughter for Christmas aswell. ive told her to get the money back but she wont. THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS, (and another thing is i have no usb cd drive to attach to it to boot windows from) it all boots up fine its just all these update what need doing.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If it currently has Windows XP SP2 installed, you need to install the SP3 upgrade before you do a custom scan at Windows Update/Microsoft Update.

A custom scan will probably display over 100 post-SP3 high priority updates.

------------------------------------------------------------

3. johnogy

johnogy Thread Starter

right ive updated to xp3,the screen on it is still to long, ive been reading about these notebooks and ive red that they come with linux already on them, so i havent got a clue how xp ended up on it? (DONT NO WEATHER TO KEEP XP3 ON IT OR PUT LINUX BACK ON IT)
    This is my daughters Christmas present so want the most easiest operating system a 8 year old would be able to use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice