1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eheheh Successful Overclocking attempt!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by X_Gamer7, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

Well after days of trying to overclock and run burn in tests and tweaking with my BIOS, as of now I am running an AMD Athlon Mobile 2500+ at over 3200+ speeds. My exact specs are: 210 x 11 = 2310MHz. Im so excited. Still not excited about my crappy 3dmark01 score of 5696. But, I'm going to try to do a little more tonight! Right now my CPU is at 43'C (105'F). Tell me what you guys think.
    -X

2. Annorax

Annorax

That's pretty impressive, and at 43C it's pretty cool too.

3. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

Well, I think I found my limit, for now. I have the settings at 207 x 11.5 = 2380MHz. I can get 210x11.5=2415MHz but things in Windows start glitching, sound crackles, and every once in awhile Windows will restart during boot up. So I think this is my final stable speed for now. I dont think its too bad at all though, eheheh. Sisandra shows a little over 3000MB/s for my memory benchmark too, so I'm happy with that. Right now my memory timings are 3-3-3-11, if I try to get them any lower, the screen will go blank and wont turn on. heh, and to think I've never overclocked before in my life since yesterday.
    Later,
    -X

4. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

I guess I didnt! Now I am running 206x12.5=2572MHz (2.48GHz)
    EHEHEHEH...this is fun

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

What are you useing to stress it before you decide that it's stable? If it's not stressed long enough to prove stability you may corrupt your registry and be force to reinstall your OS.. I wouldn't decide it's stable to quickly.

6. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Sounds like a good clock speed though. I got a Athlon 1700+ running at 2609mhz.. My 2500+ barton only reaches a little over 2300mhz before it fails, I'm running at 2200mhz on it now..

7. winbob

winbob

Hey Gamer,

That Glow on the horizon is keeping me awake....clock it back to 2380 please! :^))

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!